- Develop large muscle skills develop as children dig, pour, sift, and scoop.
- Improve eye-hand coordination and small muscle control as children play with sand accessories.
- Promote social skills as they play, they are faced with real problems that require sharing, compromising, and negotiating.
- Develop mathematical concepts as they play with measuring spoons and cups and containers in a variety of sizes and shapes.
- Develop science concepts such as more and less.
- Improve language skills as they explain to you what they are doing.
- Improve their writing skills as you encourage them to write in the sand.
Your kids will love you if you put a sandbox in the back yard and I have the perfect product. Here is the description:
"The Sandlock is a great sandbox for the entire gaggle of kids to enjoy. It is one of the best sandboxes around because of some great features which are included. A standout feature on the child sandbox are the two removable corner seats which are great for play time. Anytime a child can have companionship and still enjoy a good time in a safe play space is great. This kid sandbox has everything needed in a great sandbox. A great feature which parents will be loving is the Coverlock system. The Coverlock is a heavy duty vinyl cover which attaches to the sandbox with sewn in shock cords to ensure a secure fit. Unlike other sandboxes the sand should always be dry with a Sandlock Sandbox. The puncture resistant ground barrier also keeps sand in the child sandbox, which will preserver the grass in the backyard. A precision design made of commercial grade plastic, this kid sandbox from Sandlock is a fantastic addition to the backyard. "
I have met the men who design and make Sandlocks. They listen to their customers and make changes. The cover is really great. The sand box goes together and comes apart easily. They make Sandlocks both for families and for schools or parks. They have been really working on a design that will truly work for a child who uses a wheelchair. In my mind, any toy designer who spends time and energy to help design something that my son can really play with, should be supported.
Therefore, if you decide to splurge for a sandbox, I highly recommend Sandlock.