We have a general rule that we don't do movies on Date Night. We don't get to go out together that often, and the purpose of Date Night is really to reconnect with each other and talk like grown ups. Going to a movie and sitting in a dark theater not talking defeats the purpose. Not to mention how expensive it becomes to pay a sitter for the 3+ hours it takes to see a movie these days.
So I wanted some suggestions of something different, aside from dinner, something more creative. And I was amazed at all the great ideas you moms have. Let me put them out there to share with all of you and see if you have any more to add!
Pittsburgh Date Night Suggestions
- Challenge yourselves to some rock climbing at The Climbing Wall
- Mini golf
- Sunset over the Mount Washington overlooks
- Karoke - both write in songs the other person has to sing
- A couples cooking class at Crate or Gaynors School of Cooking
- Dueling piano bar (Sing Sing)
- A moonlit horseback ride followed by dinner at Rolling Hills Ranch
- A comedy show at the Improv or Funny Bone
- Be a kid again and play some games at Dave & Busters
- Go fishing and have a picnic
- Gateway Clipper dinner or sightseeing cruise
- Try your luck at the Rivers Casino
- Take a food tour with 'Burgh Bits & Bites
- Go paint a piece of pottery together at Mud Pie, Color Me Mine or The Clay Cottage
- Take a fun board game to your local coffee shop and relax and enjoy
- Share a glass or a bottle of wine at La Casa Narcisi winery on Route 910
- Try your hand at kayacking or rent a bike for a nice ride along the riverfront trail
So next time, rather than stroll around WalMart (we've all done it) on a Date Night, try something new. Anyone have any other suggestions to add? I'll keep updating the list and we can come back here when we're in need of some inspiration!