I remember when Matthew was about 18 months he started with tantrums and remember being surprised to hear that the Terrible 2s actually start earlier with most kids.
But Ben is my willful one. The daycare director described him to a new employee yesterday as “This is Ben. Ben is either one extreme or another. He’s our drama queen. He’s either the happiest kid in the room or the one screaming the loudest. There’s no middle ground”.
That sums him up. He’s our Jekyll and Hyde. Unfortunately he’s more Hyde lately (I had to look up which was which).
This morning, in the span of one hour, he had the following throw-himself-on-the-floor-scream-at-the-top-of-his-lungs-tantrums:
1. When I tried to get him undressed
2. When I tried to get him dressed (broken into several tantrums for each piece of clothing)
3. When I tried to put his socks on
4. When Mike tried to put his shoes on
5. When we tried to put him in the car
6. When I tried to get him to walk into the building at daycare
7. When I tried to get him ON the elevator
8. When I tried to get him OFF the elevator
9. When I tried to get him to walk to the classroom.
9 an hour. Times 12ish hours in a day. That equals about six glasses of wine for mom.