I was just looking through the pictures on my iPhone (I have over 4,000 pictures on the darn thing, I really need to clean it out) and it was like a walk down memory lane.
I didn't get far, just about a year back (there are a few years worth on there), and ended up spending a lot of time looking at last summer's pictures. As this is the first day I've dared to wear a short-sleeved shirt and we go on vacation in less than two weeks, I've got summer on my mind.
Looking through the pictures reminded me what fun we had last summer. We had long, lazy days of playing at the park, going to the playground and visiting the new spray parks around town. It was most definitely the best summer of my life. The kids are at such a perfect age I'm really, really looking forward to this summer.
So I'm thinking of making a list of all the things I want to do this summer before it ends. A sort of bucket list. A "sand bucket list' if you will. I guess you could call them summer resolutions. When we find ourselves with a day or even a whole weekend with no plans, I want to look back on this list for ideas. And I want to check back often to make sure that we're doing everything I said I wanted before the summer is over. It goes so quick and I don't want forget anything.
- Go to Moraine or Raccoon Creek for the day
- Have friends over for barbecues
- Go camping at least 3 times (we bought a camper, we need to use it!)
- Run at least one race per month (just me)
- Do another triathlon (just me)
- Visit spray parks
- Visit Kennywood
- Visit Idlewild & Soak Zone
- Visit Living Treasures Animal Park
- Spend a lot of days/evenings at the playground
- Teach Matthew to ride without training wheels
- Go bike riding on the Montour Trail
- Go bike riding on the North Shore trail, have lunch in the city
- Go to a Pirates game
- Take an Erie trip (beach, Waldemeer, etc)
- Plant a garden
- Go to Edwards Ice Cream and run in the back field till it's dark
- Catch a lot of fireflies
- Visit the Zoo a lot
- Visit the water steps by PNC Park
- Go hiking with the kids, maybe while camping
- Take the boys fishing
- Go to the drive in
- Go slow, enjoy life
What's on your summer bucket list?